Friday, September 08, 2006

If you don't have wheels, you'd better learn to swim



For those playing at home, you may remember a little story about having to bike for half an hour in the rain. Well, lets just call it a recurring story. Apparently Toyama prefecture is blessed to have as a natural resource, plenty of rain. This week I've had to rinse and repeat, as it were, 5 times.

But what I found strange was the reaction of the other teachers, or rather, the lack of reaction. I show up at school, enter the staffroom like a swamp creature, and everyone chimes "good morning!!".
I'm thinking, 'I just began my day by biking for half an hour in the rain, and all you can say is "good morning"?'

But this is not to say that the teachers at my school are assholes. No, that title belongs to.....

This weblog has been censored. What follows after this, I have been warned could possibly affect my job. It sounds unlikely, but then again, this is Japan. But its already been written, so if you want to read further, email me at ruben.shogawa@gmail.com and I'll forward it to you. Sorry for the incovenience...

No comments: