Friday, April 02, 2010

Ah Ruben Day 2010

My birthday has always been a special day (although unfortuantely often not for myself). It is the first day of the Star Signs, it is the autumnal or vernal equinox (depending on which hemisphere I happen to be) so it marks the beginning of a new season, on several occasions it has even been 25 hours long due to daylight savings (summer/winter time), and it is even a public holiday in Japan. This year, however, was even more special. It was A-Ruben celebration day.

For those not in the know, Aruba is a country which sounds like a place where Captain Jack Sparrow liked to frequent. It is part of the Kingdom of the Netherlands, and yes, that is a real Kingdom, hence the link to Wikipedia. So, my birtday was also the Aruban Independance day celebrations. Ruben, Aruban... Coincidence? I don't believe in coincidences.

Okay, it is probably a coincidence, but I'll add this to the list of why my birthday is awesome.

1 comment:

Jeremy said...

In a moment of dyslexia I read "Arubadag" as "Ar-u-a-dbag"