Saturday, February 14, 2009

Golden Ticket
Don't let the fact that I am forced to take philosophy and literature courses fool you, I am still technically an Art History student. Two of the best reasons for studying in Holland for me are:
1) Holland really looks after their students
2) There is much art to be seen, and little space between them.

As a Dutch student, to top off the generous study "gifts", I was entitled to an OV kaart- where I can travel for free, on any mode of transportation from Friday afternoon till Sunday night. (many other students who live at home can choose to travel for free during the week).

And I splashed out for a museum year-card (equivalent to about four individual museum visits), which gives free access to 400 musea in Holland. These two cards together... It's epic. It's beyond my mere words to describe...

It's like the five rings that create captain planet... (funnier in German)
"DU HAST DIE MACHT!"

So yes, I am an art nerd, planning to travel this tiny country, seeking out different musea every weekend. It's good to be a student here.

No comments: