Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Running Out of Time

You may recall me stating my intentions to run in the Leiden Half Marathon, and I still intend on going through with it. After Queen's day hangovers, I fell ill for a few days, and missed out on going for a run for more than a week. Basically, my previous 6 weeks of training had been put to waste, and I have one week left. I was hoping that by the time the day came, I would be very fit, and it would be more like a Sunday afternoon run. No, the half-marathon has become a proverbial marathon...

This can only mean one thing: I need a montage.


It really is like I am in a lame movie script. (You have one week to train for the half marathon, or else the evil alien overlord Gorthax will control the last piece of the glipthion key which would give him ultimate world domination, but you cannot reveal this to your reporter love-interest Suzy-Blue to protect her, but she follows you one evening while training and discovers the truth, so my only hope is to run the best half-marathon I possibly can to forever obliterate the glipthion key, destroy Gorthax and his evil empire, and finish the film having won the affection of Suzy-Blue, because now she practically has to.)

My point is, this is the busiest month for me, probably of the whole year. On top of my marathon montage, I also need three "essay writing montages", "preparing for an open-mic comedy night routine montage" and hundreds of "reading book montages"... I'm so busy that I have quit working (well, I have turned off my cellphone in case my pimp calls me).

This busyness is especially shocking when you consider the contrast with my life up till a few weeks ago. The running joke in my apartment was asking me if I had class. The two responses to my answers would be
A) "oh, that's unusual."
B) "Of course you don't have class."

Bastards. Of course, I have only two more classes until my 3 month summer holidays. Would it be wrong to feel like I have deserved it? Ask me next month.

No comments: