Wednesday, February 03, 2010

Back in Dutch, Again

I have something special coming soon about the Victory Tour, but until then, sorry for the absence. I just want to note a few things about the last month.

My dog, who I hadn't seen for 3 1/2 years, remembered the crap out of me and gave me the best home-welcome you could imagine. It was like old times.

The same with all the friends who I hadn't seen in as long.

I went to the dentist, after a much longer absence than the 1 recommended year. He said to me : "With teeth like those, you'll put me out of a job".

Driving a car again after 18 months, just felt right.

I played tennis, which is something I unfortunately only seem to do in New Zealand. I picked up that racquet, and within moments, I was back to my old self.

I had hardly used any Japanese since leaving, and thought I would be rubbish again. But I went for entire-whole days speaking only Japanese like old times.


The thing I learnt about this holiday was that, "although you may leave, some things never leave you."


No comments: