Saturday, September 03, 2011

It's all about Presentation

A few weeks back I had a 1-hour presentation. The topic I chose was to compare Mt Fuji and Mt Taranaki in art. Now, I can crap on about Japanese art for as long as I want, but the New Zealand side is sorely lacking. That's why I needed another approach. Even if the content isn't great, I can still make it look good. In this way I'm like the popstar who spends more time doing yoga and dieting than practicing singing, or the salesman who spends all of his money on teethwhitening products instead of being a greasy piece of shit. And that's the valuable lesson I have learnt at University this year.

In my slideshow, I used hundreds of images of artworks that show the two mountains, but I also made some up myself using my rudimentary photoshop skills. I spent literally hours on these, so that's why I want to get the full mileage out of them. These images are ones I used to explain the many similarities between the two mountains.



The complete nerds out there will get the reference to Street Fighter VS. It has nothing to do with the presentation, but I figure if there's an opportunity to reference an arcade game that I never actually played, you do it.

This is where I be all scientific and explain the geological formations of the two mountains. Note the explosion at the back, which was actually a nuclear bomb. I guess I was being a little overdramatic.

A simple photoshop, I know. I just love the satelite photo of the nreal perfect circle of Taranaki national park, because it's like New Zealand's Great Wall of China - except you can actually see it from space.

Clouds are great for photoshopping. That is all.

Of course, if anything is important, it will be replicated on currency.

Lastly, here's a fancy graph. Because no sleazy presentation is complete withou a fancy graph. I could have given you all the one-hour presentation, but I think the lessons learnt through these photoshops were by far the most valuable.

No comments: