Thursday, February 09, 2012

Welcome to the Neighbourhood Part II

I live literally right across from Wellington hospital, which is great if I should ever get stabbed or need my stomach pumped. However, it is not the most peaceful place to live. Still, I have become used to life in a big city and have reached the point where I don't even notice sirens anymore (which defeats the purpose of a siren in the first place.)

Still, I quite like the area I'm living in. It's walking distance from the city and there's plenty to see and do in the area. The area (Newtown) is known to have a lot of foreigners and/or weirdos which is quite fun. You have senile old people, the friendly homeless beggars, Asian shops, West African headscarved ladies, hipsters and punks. The other day saw an amputee pogo-stick his way up the hill past my house and I didn't think much of it. That is until yesterday when I took a walk. On the same street I live further up the hill, I saw this building. Pay close attention to the writing on the far left of the photo.
That's right, it says "Artificial Limb Centre". This isn't odd in itself since the hospital is nearby, but all I could think of was the poor amputee trekking up the freaking hill to get his prostetic pogo-leg adjusted. Having an artificial limb centre up a steep hill is like having a gym at a pastry shop. It's just a dick thing to do. I thought New Zealanders were supposed to be nice.

Anyway, I kept walking over the hill to the sea. I love cities with hills and water, which is just one reason I'm happy to no longer be in Christchurch. Although, I also hate people who own yachts so I guess it balances out.




Vermin Update!
There have been three more captures, but unfortunately I wasn't able to take a sadistic photo of one of them. However, there were teeth marks in the mouse-trap so at least one of the mice had a very painful death.

No comments: