Sunday, December 11, 2005

Its true what they say, that the excitement begins much before you even start travelling. (I'm assuming that someone has said this before). I cannot even begin to describe the excitement I felt today when counting how many pairs of underwear I would need. But there has also been some negative excitement. That is, the racial persecution that still exists in 21st century New Zealand towards the Dutch. Even though I swore my allegience to the queen, and have taken thousands of dollars from the New Zealand government, I am still victimised by blatant "anti-dutchism" by the authorities. I need a special sticker in my passport from Immigration or else I wont be allowed back into the country. Immigration! Bringing up painful memories of my immigrant history. It was also painful for the hefty price of 50$ for a colourful shiny sticker. Are Dutch people really such a security risk? The only evil Dutch person in the history of the world was Goldmember (and no, before you ask, that is not how dutch people talk. They sound much sillier). So, in the spirit of the New Zealand way of life, I am going to organise a peaceful protest march towards parliament to promote anti "anti-dutchism" in New Zealand. Although, from what I hear about Dutch people, a Dutch protest march will probably be done on bicycles. But I'm already starting to wonder if New Zealanders shouldn't have the reputation for being weird.

No comments: